Progressive Rock instrumental, written by Craig P. Guerrieri. Lead Guitar: Elmo J. Karjalainen, recorded at KC Sound, Turku, Finland (April 2017). All other instruments recorded by Craig Guerrieri at Cygnus Studios, Florida, USA (March 2017).
Charts #29 in subgenre today
Previous peak charts position #18
October 01, 2019
Story behind the song
Song title is an anagram for "Manic Depression", another term for Bipolar disease.
- "Medians" represents the two halves of the disease, where one minute you're perfectly happy (and possibly compulsive), and the next completely dispirited.
- "Conspire" represents how a Bipolar brain functions: Colluding about which mood it may decide to trigger next, at moments which are impossible to predict.
Its musical ups and downs are intended to mimic that sleigh ride, which can play absolute hell on anyone suffering from this terrible disease.
This work is dedicated to Carrie Fisher, who was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder in 1985, and later became an outspoken advocate for mental health awareness. Sadly, she passed away in 2016. God bless, and keep her.
- I. Overture: Looming Delirium (00:00-01:15)
- II. The Desolation of Lucidity (01:15-03:35)
- III. Unrestrained Trepidation (03:35-04:50)
- IV. Return to Utopia (04:50-05:44)
Mixed by Christer Karjalainen, KC Sound, Turku, Finland
Mastered by Sasa Opacic, SLY Studio, Turku, Finland
On 2 playlists