MULTI AWARD WINNING COMPOSER of Epic Scores
* LOS ANGELES MUSIC AWARDS WINNER - Best Classical 2007
*HOLLYWOOD MUSIC AWARDS Winner - Best Classical / Orchestral 2008
*LOS ANGELES MUSIC AWARDS – Hollywood F.A.M.E Awards Winner – International Best Conposer 2008,
He was presented with a framed HOLLYWOOD STAR from 'walk of fame'.
* BILLBOARD World Song Contest music Awards WINNER - Soundtrack / Electronica 2008
* 'EMI Platinum Disc Winning Composer'.
* Mayor of Athens Mr. N.Kaklamanis presents to Demetrios the Award of Honor of the City Hall.
* US AMBASSADOR to Greece Mr.' Daniel V. Speckhard' presents the "Special Music" AWARD to composer DEMETRIOS KATIS at the "Euro American Women's Council" Artemis Award Ceremony, July the 7th, 2010 hosted by the renowed American journalist RITA COSBY. The ceremony took pla...ce at renowed 'Zappeion Megaron" - Athens Greece.
*tMayor of Portland Maine, ED SUSLOVIC honored Demetrios presenting him with the Golden Key to the Town.
*'Award of Hellenism' by The Order of AHEPA, 2008 for Outstanding Work performance on the “THE BACCHAE” by Euripides (ancient Greek tragedy), at the Community Performing Arts Theater Media, Pennsylvania,USA.
• ‘West Coast Songwriters’ Honorable Mention
• “John Lennon’’ music awards – Honorable Mention
• “100% Songwriting contest – Winner France 2008
* 'Just Plain Folks Music Awards' official Nomination 2006
* His 1st album released via POLYGRAM at the age of 17.
* Greece’s biggest selling hard rock / metal band of all time “EXORISTOI” was founded by Demetrios Katis in 1989 –Gold & Platinum record EMI
* Kiev Philharmonic Orchestra performed & recorded Demetrios's masterpieace "Arrogance and Fear"
*Sidney Olympic Games’s American maestro Robert Ian Winstin conducted & recorded Demetrios’s music work “Arrogance and Fear” which released via ERM Media.
* The board of directors of the ‘Greek educational institute’ unanimously approved Demetris' "Blazing March" to be included as part of the high school curriculum in music
* 'LIONS Best Young composer Music Award' Winner
* Demetrios hosts the TV Shows 'MetalMania' & 'Star Club' for the Greek National TV in the 90s
Demetrios produces & presents his own radio programme : "The Dance of the Danans" on "Athens 9.84 FM"
* ARTEMIS AWARDS HONOREE 2009 by the Euro-American Women's Council.
* Demetrios musical work, "Europe Hymn and Duty", featuring the lyrics of Kostas K. Katis (veteran journalist IF J), James Edwards (British Royal Opera) on tenor vocals and Joe Lamachia (CNN,MIRAMAX) as a narrator. "Europe Hymn and Duty" is an epic musical tribute to the historic course of the United Europe, released on CD.
* Numerous US, EU & Canadian film music publishers (Boosey & Hawkes, Dennis Music, Kool Music, Octobertunes, Abaco Library, Feature Sounds, Manifest Media, Sonichouse Publishing, ERM Media, Atlanta Music Group, etc) sign contracts with Demetrios Katis.
* The VICE PRESIDENT of the European Union Commission Mr GUNTER FERHEUGEN writes & sends a personal letter to Demetrios to warmly congratulate him for his Musical Project 'Europe Hymn & Duty', July 2005
* The CULTURAL FOUNDATION of the OFFICIAL UNION of JOURNALISTS in Athens honors & awards Demetrios for his music work at the Union’s Hall on 3rd of June 2008.
* NOBEL PRIZE WINNER DR. CHRISTOS ZEREFOS HIGHLY SPEAKS FOR DEMETRIOS WORK AT THE ATHENIAN OFFICIAL HALL OF
JOURNALISTS ON MONDAY 3RD, JUNE 2008.
*member of the 'International Federation of Journalists' Brussels & member of the 'Journalists Union of Athens'