- Born in 2012, SECRET LIE is made up by Pedro Teixeira Silva (Corvos), who is not only the composer and violinist, but also the project’s mentor; Nuno Correia (Forgotten Suns), on bass; Tiago Ramos on drums; Tó Pica (Ramp, Anti-Clockwise) on lead guitar; Adelino Duarte (Sunset 91) on guitar and vocals; Nuno Louro (Spelling Nadja) on Keyboards; and Sara Madeira as lead vocalist, an amazing eighteen natural talent.
- BEHIND THE TRUTH is their debut album, produced by Gustavo Carvalho. Mastering was carried out by well-known producer Mario Barreiros.
- Other guest musicians who have worked on this recording project include:
Cató - Quinta do Bill (acoustic guitar)
João Ferraz - GNR, Ban (electric guitar)
António Gonçalves - Miss Kyoto, Yolanda (electric guitar)
Claudio Nunes - Corvos (cello)
Irene Lima - Portuguese Symphony Orchestra Soloist (cello)
Duncan Fox - Portuguese Symphony Orchestra (piano)
Emídio Coutinho - Portuguese Symphony Orchestra (cello)
Ajda Zupancic - Portuguese Symphony Orchestra (cello)
Tommy Guitar - Atomic Fingers (acoustic guitar)
Marco Cerruti - Thape studios (vocals)
João Madeira - (piano)
Poeta de Rua
Coro Infantil Santo Amaro Oeiras
- On May 18, 2012 SECRET LIE made their first public appearance in concert. Was the beginning of "The Debut Tour 2012".
- The band has done some photo shoots owith renowned photographers :
Rui Leal, João Paulo Wadhoomall and Renato Paz.
- Secret Lie also participated in an event against hunger at Estadio da Luz, Lisbon, organized by Luis Figo and Sport Lisboa e Benfica.
- The song "My Blood" is part of this season´s soundtrack of the famous "Morangos com Açucar" TV series.
- The single "I Can be Free" premiered exclusively on the most listened to radio station in Portugal "Radio Commercial".
- Secret Lie had immediate acceptance by radio stations around the world, making it one of the Portuguese bands whose sound reaches more countries worldwide: (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Ireland, England, Sweden, Russia, Australia, USA, Greece, Venezuela, Norway, Cyprus, Czech Republic, India, Georgya, Bielorussia, Ukrania, Germany, Argentina, Lithuania, New Zeland, Mexico, Hungary, etc)
- The band filmed their first music video in August for the song "Beautiful Wild Rose".
- Only one week after having posted the single "I Can Be Free" on the digital market, Secret Lie reached #2 on the chart.
- The single "I Can Be Free" reached #1 on the Vodafone music download chart.
- The single "I Can Be Free" reached #1 on the charts of Don Fuas (portuguese radio station).
- For 5 weeks the album "Behind the Truth" was at the top of the Portuguese Cd sales chart.
- The band has participated in several TV shows on Sic and RTP (Portuguese national TV stations).
- Secret Lie was the first Portuguese band to be on Balcony TV’s Top World Videos.
- The Video "Beautiful Wild Rose" made it to the top of the most viewed Portuguese musical videos on Myspace and Sapo.
-The site Made in Portugal considered "Behind the Truth" one of the 15 best Portuguese albums of 2012.
- Made in Portugal and Correio da Manhã (portuguese newspaper) chose Secret Lie as 2012’s promising new Portuguese band.
- The Band has a TV channel in Meo (Portuguese digital TV).
- The band has given exclusive interviews to some music magazines: Fan Base, Tribe, Cord, Gothic Girl Art, DeezMag.
- In January 2013 the song I Can Be Free, enters in airplay in one of the most important stations of National radio, RFM.
- In January 2013 the song I Can Be Free, is part of the soundtrack of the prime time TV soap, Destinos Cruzados, in the most viewed National station, TVI.
- In October 2013 the band play at Lisbon Rock Roll Marathon
- Between February and March 2014 band Tour in UK
- In April 2014 band won the FOX MUSIC USA Award for the best Rock band