:: markku is a member since 02/28/2003 --- this profile has been viewed 155,234 times
markku's SoundClick blog - struggling forwards
I've been home for a few weeks now struggling daily to move forward. It's a very slow process. Never the less I am moving ahead. I am supposed to be taking this drug called Zytiga for my cancer along with another in combination which I don't see happening for a while due to the cost of the drug. It's going to set me back $3,000.00 a month. What I get from retirement a month wont even cover half a month supply. I'm already in debt for a couple of other drugs Lupron $1,800.00 for one injection which last 4 months and another called Xgeva, $800.00 which is administered monthly. These 2 drugs have supposedly have been made more affordable for me.

I was told that I seem to fall into a hole where I can't get a break on it due to my assets, which isn't much and need it to cover my monthly bills. Without it I'd be in the poor house. But then the way our government works these days, that's where they want me; on welfare and on Medicaid which pays for everything. I was brought up in having pride in paying for what I get, not receiving hand outs. It's something I was taught to be ashamed of. I've always paid for everything I ever acquired!

Perhaps in the near future, I'm going to have to lose everything I own, go on welfare and Medicaid, lose my pride so that the f*cking drug companies can make their huge profits.....Only in America folks!
posted by markku on Thu May 24, 2018 @ 10:48 AM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
I was discharged from the hell hotel (nursing facility) yesterday and even that seemed like it was done haphazardly with no regard to an appointment. Never the less when I was finally set free and took my first steps outdoors, the feeling of gratitude and joy seemed to overwhelm me as the warm sun hit me. Altho it was a bit breezy and the wind seemed to have given me a slight chill, the warmth of the sun made up for it. I had a chance to test out my legs as my wife and I had to go to Walmart, a large chain box store, in the vicinity to pick up a few new meds from their pharmacy. We decided to pick up a few other necessities also while there so my legs really got a good workout.

When we finally got home, I felt the joy as I now realized that I was free and at home. After settling in, it didn't take long before I wanted to go sit outside in my own yard, enjoy the view and the warmth of the sun. We sat there for hours just soaking up the sun which I haven't been able to do for over 2 months.

I spent my first night at home in my own comfortable bed in a cozy bedroom and I couldn't believe how quiet it was. There wasn't any loud noises or yelling just outside my room nor was there some asshole having his television blaring all night just for noise. No one came in to my bedroom to wake me up several times thru the night to see how I was doing or change the f***ing garbage cans as if they couldn't wait 'til morning. There wasn't some crazy naked maniac who slipped into my room laying on the floor mumbling about something and then me having to get help. When I woke up this morning, I had a couple of decent cups of coffee and some breakfast that actually had some taste to it.

I find myself a bit overwhelmed as I look around and realize that I have a lot of catching up to do before the next phase of my cancer treatments begin. But I have to remember; I am free!
posted by markku on Sat May 5, 2018 @ 10:13 AM     2 comments    post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
I've been stuck in this crazy motel for the old and those needing rehab now for a month. Yes, it's a healthcare rehab center/nursing home. I'm finally being let free next Friday. I've been a good boy and worked hard learning the basics of sitting, standing and walking. While I find many of the spiritual folks here praying for miracles and shouting out to the Lord and Jesus to help them walk, I told my therapists I'm here to create my own miracles by working hard, so let's do it.

During my stay here, I've seen plenty of craziness which I never figured to go on in a nursing home. There has been plenty of neglect, nurses that have no business in being drug dispensers ( those administering meds ) as I've seen plenty of errors. I've seen drug thievery and drug raids with sniffing dogs. My biggest concern has been the lack of care and response time involved when a patient really needs it.

Yes, I'm going to miss all of this craziness from a small community in Indiana on the border line with Illinois, but I must move on to my next stage of prostate and bone cancer treatment and maybe even enjoy my home surroundings while I can. Farewell to what I call "Hotel California" at least I'll be free.......won't I?
posted by markku on Sat Apr 28, 2018 @ 10:28 AM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
There are several good reasons for having to go into a rehab/nursing home center, unfortunately I can't seem to come up with too many especially what I'been experiencing. Since last Saturday, I ended up with a urinary track infection and no one was willing to do anything about it. By Monday I was in so much pain, I wanted to go to the hospital The nursing facility refused regardless of how many others also spoke under my behalf.

The following day I came down with the runs and was now in twice the pain and having to sh*** every few minutes. You would have thought that the nurse would have given me something for both cases, but no! Yesterday I was going thru one of my worst and painful day on earth and going thru the shits, they decide to do a drug raid on the place. They called it having to spray each room while everyone evacuted the rooms and waited in the halls. I refused as I was laying in bed moving my bowels. They brought in the drug sniffing dog as I lay there in agony.

The facility has a nurse practinioner come in every so often to check on patients. Talk about assembly line doctoring and nursing. She was more concerned about time than me. On the bright side we did get a few issues somewhat taken care of and many still unanswered!

The only reason I ended up in this facility was because of transport to the hospital and my doctors and they had availability while others didn't. Had I've known this was just another "hotel California" I would have thought about something else for now. It was a Medicare approved facility and was stuck!
posted by markku on Thu Apr 12, 2018 @ 03:31 PM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
for the last 2 weeks I've spent my time in some piece of crap nursing home near by the hospital I've been going to for daily radiation treatments. This place was chosen for me by Medicare because it'very close and have transport to and from for treatments. I completef my course of radiation treats yesterday and am ready to move on to occupational and physical therapy.

I've already learned to sit, stand and transfer myself from my bed to a chair on my own. that's been a little tough but necessary. I've lost a lot of weight and was weighed this morning at 130lbs. I don't have much energy and force myself to move forward. Hopefully now that radiation treatments are over, I'll get me energy back!
posted by markku on Sat Apr 7, 2018 @ 05:06 PM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
Spent the last 2 weeks in the hospital with a urinary back up. It was so bad that a folley/catheder had to be inserted to remove 2liters of fluids. Another problem had come up where my sodium levels were so low that I had to be admitted.

One thing led to another and ended up with various ct scans dealing with many issues followed by biopsies. These have been the most painful times I'ever had to deal with.

I tire quivckly and have to stop to gather my strength!
posted by markku on Sun Mar 11, 2018 @ 11:32 AM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
It's been a bit difficult as I saw myself starting to go backwards. I'm where I was last December, stuck in bed unable to sit, stand or walk for any length of time. My many test appts. had to be put on hold now. I can feel some sort of an infection going on in my mid section causing my problems.

Rather than dealing with my idiot specialist who could care less I've got it covered...self diagnosis. I've got a weeks worth of antibiotics never used from an earlier experience. we'll see how they work out!
posted by markku on Sat Feb 24, 2018 @ 05:07 PM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
Since last Friday, pain has taken me to a whole new level where I've never been before. Pain is relentless and will work constantly to break down a person's will. It will take you to a very dark place hard to get out from. You will learn something about yourself very quickly. I learned that I am much stronger mentally and will not get down a path it's trying to force me to follow. Yes I thought about cleaning out my sinuses with a bullet but quickly realized what was happening. My mind was just not focused considering I've not slept in days due to pain. I was off guard.

Yesterday, I was remembering how I felt after a couple of cups of coffee with my breakfast. I didn't have the intense pain, it was down to a manageable level. Could this be the answer to my pain situation, 2 cups of coffee? Last night was another sleepless night and the pain was unbearable. I was so tired and could barely walk due to pain, I decided to go for some coffee but that didn't quite work out and had to go back and lie down.

Fortunately a few minutes later my wife brought me a cup of coffee and some toast. Bout 20 minutes later after finishing my simple breakfast she came in and re-filled my cup. It didn't take long for the caffeine to take affect, when I noticed I was somewhat pain free. Just to be sure I wanted to try some coffee again later once the pain comes back. Oh yeah it came back with a vengeance after about 4 hours. I had another cup of java and sure enough the pain left me.

This is most definitely a breakthrough for me cutting down on some of my pain. Who knew? 1 cup of strong coffee = 2 hrs painless. 2 cups = 4 hrs pain free. Let's see how this is going to play out tonight!
posted by markku on Tue Feb 20, 2018 @ 10:28 PM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
I finally got around to getting my echo-cardiogram and stress test. That was a half day ordeal as most of the time involved sitting and waiting. Sitting and me don't get along as it feels like my ass is getting penetrated by broken glass. That is one problem one encounters with prostate cancer. Another is upper thigh pain which prevents putting any stress on the muscles while standing/walking. Trying to balance myself with all that pain is a bit difficult. Taing any kind if a step without some sort of support could easily cause me to fall creating more difficulties.

The upper thigh pain has diminished considerably from a month ago but still am in need of a cane for support. I did a lot of walking around at the hospital waiting for this and that and when I got home, I was sore,exhausted and had to lie down for the rest of the day.

I received a phone call from my cardiologist office regarding the test results, the following day. There was a sigh of relief when I was told that the ultra sound was negative and things looked normal as my heart goes. I still have the anurism in the aorta as far as I know since nothing about it was mentioned. As for that info along with the stress test results, I'll have to wait until March when I have my appointment.

Wednesday, I go see my pulmonary doctor to get the results from a cat scan taken back in the beginning of December. It's been a long time of being stuck in bed unable to stand, walk or sit for any length of time. It's been a very slow process getting to the point where I'm at today but at least things are improving even though today is a bad day and I'm stuck here in bed.

posted by markku on Sun Feb 11, 2018 @ 04:52 PM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
Had the wife drive me to the dentist Wednesday. That was an hour of sitting in agony. I felt as if I as sitting on broken glass there and back. But it had ti be done because as I found out from my dentist, my wisdom tooth in question was still infected even tho it felt fine.

Not too long ago if you read my earlier post, there was no way I was able to go to my dentist an hours drive away while I was stuck in bed for the last six weeks due to my cancer situation. I was barely able to sit let alone walk due to pain. I couldn't even get an antibiotic for the infected tooth if my life depended on it from my dentist because of the law. My daughter ended up getting me a prescription only because she had connections.

So my dentist had a new modern office, had me sit in a very comfortable dentist chair which did not hurt my ass, numbed me up and yanked the tooth. Didn't feel a thing until the nova cane wore off. I must have been in there for only about 20 min for the whole thing. She even gave me a 50% discount for having to go thru so much agony and crap with my tooth during my situation.

Just as i was leaving I did ask her if she would numb my ass for the drive home but just laughed. Hey I was serious.

So how are things progressing these days? Aside from Wednesday, I've been getting out and driving to my studio 8 miles away, going up and down a flight of stairs several times a day and painting, painting a lot. Painting keeps my mind occupied and away from the pain. Some days are better than others but I force myself to get out no matter how bad I feel. When I get home after my day, I end up back in bed to rest. I often wonder if this is my new norm I'm going to have to live with until my demise.
posted by markku on Sat Jan 27, 2018 @ 10:03 PM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
When I got home Sunday late afternoon, I ended back in bed laying down and in pain, resting from an awesome day. I drove to the studio with the wife and I had her drive us back.

Got a painting done, took a sauna, a shower, which I haven't done in months and ate pizza afterwards. Going up and down the flight of stairs is definitely a work out in endurance and re-builder of muscle which I so badly need after losing so much weight and muscle tone. There's just skin and bone left of me.

The light at the end of the tunnel seems yet so far, but getting ever closer. Everything I do from getting dressed to walking is a challenge, having to deal with Piriformis Syndrome, an extra bonus added to my 3rd stage metastatic prostate cancer along with several other issues slowing me down has not been fun. But these little victories of my normal past daily routines, keeps making me looking forward to tomorrow, knowing that things will get relatively better in time.

As long as I can paint and work a little with my music to keep my mind off my troubles, I can deal with these inconveniences much better. The last 8 months has definitely been a hell of a ride.
posted by markku on Mon Jan 22, 2018 @ 10:18 PM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
Yesterday, I decided to kick things up a few notches and decided to get out. I'm tired of being couped up in bed and indoors for the last 6 weeks so I decided to do something about it, after all it was a nice, relatively warm day with temps in the 40's F. I didn't know how I going to be able to sit thru an 8 mile ride to my studio, but I just had to see how it was going to play out and got into my vehicle and drove off.

By the time I got to my studio, I was in a lot of pain and just ignored it. It was a bit difficult getting out and having to walk up some stairs to the front door as the pain increased. Before doing that, I decided to go feed my birds. I built 3 bird feeders and have been feeding them since last summer. During the last six weeks, I've had my wife and daughter go feed them as feeding them have been important to me and have enjoyed watching the approximately 150 birds flock into my yard along with 3 squirrels. Yup I'm an animal lover if you haven't noticed, always have been.

I managed to climb up some stairs to get in but managed to do so. I looked around inside a bit and turned up the heat as it was a bit chilly in there and then came the big moment; going down a steep flight of stairs to my studio located in the basement. Grasping on to the hand rail in one hand and a cane in the other, it must have taken me at least ten minutes to get down those stairs. But I made it safely and looked around to see if anything was out of place. Things were as I remembered and my easel was waiting for me.

But I had to rest as I was beat from the drive and walk down the stairs. I sat down for just a few minutes when I heard someone at the door. Oh cripe! I really didn't feel like climbing up those stairs and was already in pain. Fortunately, it was my daughter. My wife had called her to check up on me, she lived fairly close and had my keys. I had given them to her several weeks and had her check on things. I had taken my wife's set. We sat there for about 5 minutes and then she had to leave and me? maaan I had to go to the bathroom upstairs. Damn!

That climb took me almost 15 minutes and was surprised I was able to hold things in without a mishap. So once I got business taken care of, back down I went. It too took a bit of work and time to get back to my resting place. I stayed there for about an hour and then got hungry and back up the stairs I go to make a sandwich. Well you know what happened next, yup back down I go to my resting area with the sandwich; a lot more time spent going down those stairs. I had to rest another hour before the pain subsided.

When it did, I decided to do a painting. That only took about an hour and felt great. I had no pain my concentration was only on the task at hand while the painting came out great. So now what? I could have done another painting but decided to take it over my resting area and scrutinize it for a while as I do with all my paintings for improvement and fixes. No fixes needed as I was happy with the outcome. I figured that after 6 weeks of not painting I would need to practice my chops as I would have in music but it wasn't needed.

It was time to go home as I had spent more than enough time at my studio to see what my limitations were and headed back up the stairs and into my vehicle for the 8 mile trip home. That took about an hour. When I got home, I got undressed, took some pain killers and climbed into bed.

Today, I'm going to do the same thing all over again except with the idea of using my sauna and shower which I desperately need to do. Wish me luck!
posted by markku on Sun Jan 21, 2018 @ 11:20 AM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
I was already up at 5 A.M this morning as usual feeling the intense pain kicking in after my pain killers wore off. I figured that it was going to be just another grueling day of pain with no signs of improvement. Once my pain killers kicked in about an hour later, things began to change. It seems to me that from the time I actually take my pain pills and the time I start feeling any relief, gets longer and longer. There was a time when it only took 20 minutes.

This morning I can say that I am celebrating 3 small victories with a slice of cake my daughter brought over last night and a cup of coffee. She had a birthday yesterday and brought over an entire cake to celebrate her day last night and left us a half of her cake.

I've been suffering from a tooth infection on top of everything else that's going due to cancer for several days now and have been unsuccessful in getting my dentist to call in a prescription without me going to have it checked out first. Considering I've been stuck in bed for the last 5+ weeks, driving to her location 30+ miles away is not in the cards. I can't sit long enough even to go see a local dentist 10 minutes away let alone getting to her and having to sit in her office, examination room and the drive back without me screaming in pain for the duration. To catch up on my story you can read my last post. Go ahead, I'll wait 'til you get back!

My daughter called in to a friend involved in the dental field, who within an hour secured me a prescription from a dentist for my infection, which is ready for my wife to pick up this morning. Included was even a renewal in-case I was stuck in bed a while longer and the infection came back. So now at-least I can get that problem resolved.

The 2nd thing to celebrate this morning was the fact that I actually sat up at the edge of my bed for the first tine for 2 minutes rather than the 30 secs. I'm accustomed to before intense pain kicks in and have to lay back down for an hour.

Up until now walking has been extremely difficult. Any moving around which has been a must to prevent blood clots in my legs and muscle loss has been aided using crutches or a cane for support. This morning I was able to walk from my bedroom to the kitchen and back with-out any aid. It was just me and my legs! I didn't say that it was easy but never the less it was an accomplishment to celebrate.

In the scheme of things we all must celebrate small victories regardless of how insignificant they may be to others because we realize that we are making some progress, even tho little. It's a great way to keep your spirits up in hope for some sort of recovery!
posted by markku on Sun Jan 14, 2018 @ 06:50 PM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
So on top of everything else I'm going thru, I now have an infected wisdom tooth which adds to the pain I'm already in. I get a hold of my dentist and explain my situation to her. She won't do anything unless she sees me. Easier said than done as I had explained I'M STUCK IN BED! I can't sit for more than 30 secs. w/o climbing the walls in pain. Her office is 30+ miles away.

So I was directed to get a hold of my oncologist who happens to be my urologist for an antibiotic for my tooth. Hmmmmmmm urologist=dentist yeah okay close enough right? So I decided to humor them along already knowing the end results and called my urologist yesterday and explained my entire predicament once again to some idiot working there because the doc was at one of his other several locations instead of there. She says that she will get in touch with the doc and explain everything.

I get a call this morning from her telling me his response. His response had nothing to do with my infected tooth and prescribed a med, I'm not allowed to take due to drug interaction (in the past the med had made my stomach bleed also), for something else I've already got under control. WHAT?
posted by markku on Fri Jan 12, 2018 @ 11:27 AM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
After several weeks of research in trying to find out why my keister feels like it's bruised up with burning and pricking sensations, pain to the point where left leg can hardly move, I finally found a name and a fix for it.

Trying to get any kind of an answer from my doctors was futile as each one simply tried to pass the buck on each other. It was obvious that I had to do my own research and diagnosis. I sure as hell wasn't going to get it from my doctors. You gotta love our healthcare system here in the USA.

What I found was piriformis syndrome was the culprit probably aggravated by the hormone injection to my keister for fighting my prostate cancer. There were several with similar symptoms but not exactly which can throw anyone off the track giving one the wrong conclusion.

I just kept at it until I found the exact symptoms. I went over hundreds of possibilities and narrowed them down to two. Sciatica and piriformis syndrome are almost identical except for just a few minor details. After taking the test for both everything pointed to the latter.

So now I at-least have a name for one of my ailments. I even found a fix for it which involves just 3 exercises, 3x's a day for a month. The exercises are fairly easy but with such a tight ass and leg muscles, the workout is grueling. But, I will do what it takes to be able to sit and walk again for any length of time even if it is only for a short journey.

We really take our bodies for granted and neglect possible problems that could be easily avoided until we lose certain functions or end up with severe pain. That being said, I'm going into my 6th wk coming Fri stuck in bed, getting up occasionally to use the bathroom and walk around a bit so my leg muscles won't turn into jelly and to prevent blood clots due to lack if movement.
posted by markku on Wed Jan 10, 2018 @ 04:56 PM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
We ended up staying home during Christmas, with me stuck in bed, in pain and unable to sit or walk without the use of crutches. It was disappointing as this was the first time ever that we missed a family function. The most difficult aspect of this hormone treatment has been the side effects. I can deal having to use crutches to walk or even a wheel chair if I had to but unable to sit for more than 5 minutes, puts a damper on doing anything. Going to the doctors creates a huge challenge since we have to drive several miles to get there which ha a prerequisite for the ability to sit.

On the liter side, I have noticed a huge change in other functions pertaining to the prostate and urinary track. My prostate is shrinking from the size of a large orange to its normal walnut size. Except for the keister and leg pain, everything else feels back to normal except for constipation. My frame of mind even under my circumstances is very good. My energy levels are back as well after they were depleted from lack of sleep and constant 24/7 pain. Pain is still there but with less intensity and controllable with pain killers. I got myself a 3" thick foam mattress topper making sleep have some quality and having to lay in bed most of the time more comfortable.

I get up as often as I can to use my know the old saying, "use em or lose em!"
posted by markku on Fri Dec 29, 2017 @ 11:59 AM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
I had a feeling that my additional pain was either caused by side effects or rebound. I was right on both. The biggest culprit were the pain killers....causing a rebound effect. That's when you've taken them for too long they end up causing more pain rather than easing pain. I had to stop taking any meds for 36 hrs. one at a time. The withdrawal symptoms were brutal and increased the pain. But once I was done and then getting back to my routine, I got an almost full night sleep after 7 months.

There are still issues with walking and sitting, I don't know how things will pan out for Christmas.For months I have complained about the pain in my left groin radiating to the ligaments of my leg making walking a huge challenge. I've also complained about the burning,pricking and throbbing pain in my butt and pelvis to my doctors and yet none of them seem to want to address this. All of my scans show that there is a problem which needs to be addressed. What the hell is wrong with doctors these days?

So...I'm curious in knowing if any of you have gone thru this hormone treatment for prostate cancer and your experience with it.
posted by markku on Wed Dec 20, 2017 @ 02:02 PM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
Completed my 2 wk hormone treatment yesterday. The treatment itself along with the injection at half way point would have been a piece of cake. What made it so damn difficult were the side effects I ended suffering from. I ended up in bed the entire duration trying to alleviate pain from areas of my lower back, butt,groin and pelvis. The pain was intense with throbbing, burning and pricking making it difficult to find a comfortable position. I probably get only about 2-3 hrs of sleep a night.

With 3 of my grandkids living with us, two toddlers and a baby, screaming and yelling all day have not helped matters at all during the days. It gets even worse when my wife and daughter get into yelling matches with the grandkids. Doing any kind of a task while in bed, is a challenge because of the position I have to lay in just to get a tiny fraction of relief.

I would have thought that I would get some type of relief today since the treatment is done with but no, it was too much to expect. I should have went with my old motto in life, "expect nothing and you won't be disappointed!" Maybe tomorrow will be a better day......or not!
posted by markku on Mon Dec 18, 2017 @ 12:41 PM     1 comment    post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
Went to see my doc Monday for my hormone injection part of the therapy where we also went over my bone scan. Fortunately, it was clear and although it showed plenty of Osteo arthritis deterioration from shoulders on down to my toes, we were pleased to see the lack of cancer presence there. The hormone treatment therapy idea is to cut out what feeds prostate cancer, testosterone, starving it putting it in remission. An injection lasts for 6 months however it's expensive as hell.

My P.S.A level was 10x's higher than normal enlarging the prostate from the size of a walnut to a large orange. You can imagine the pain due to the prostate squeezing the nerves and muscles not to mention the piss tube. Once I received an injection of a drug called Lupron along with taking a daily pill of Bicalutamide, a drug used in fighting prostate cancer, for 7 days prior and another 7 days after the injection, the prostate began shrinking. I have another 5 daily pills to take until I'm done. In the meantime, the pain has diminished to a much more manageable state. In March I need to get another P.S.A test to see how I'm doing and if another treatment is needed.

It's nice to finally after 7 months of 24/7 serious pain to get some relief. The only problem is since I also just found out that I have incurable lung cancer with maybe, maybe 5 yrs tops left on this planet, how effective will this be for my mental state later on as the disease gets worse.

Currently, I've accepted the disease and the outcome but I have not accepted the damn boredom that comes with not having the energy to do much of anything except lay around trying to manage the pain levels. Yes, I have to get up and move around otherwise my leg muscles will end up as putty. I do this regardless of the pain level as I know it's necessary. For a guy like me who's been constantly active doing anything from music, art, to woodworking daily for years, not being able to do any of that is making me climb the walls.
posted by markku on Wed Dec 13, 2017 @ 11:40 AM     post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed
I was sitting in the exam room of my doctor when he came in and told me that I had stage 3 prostate cancer which was inoperative,incurable and had spread. That alone is a lot to digest for anyone but rather than giving me a few minutes to process all of this, he just kept yip yapping about something I couldn't hear let alone understand.

I was in a daze and trying to digest the bad news. I already knew that it was cancer because I had seen the test results but didn't know how bad it really was. The only thing going thru my mind was that it was inoperative, incurable and that it had already spread elsewhere, so his yip yapping about something which may have been important, I totally missed out on because of his inconsideration. He was more worried about his own agenda and getting to his next patient rather than trying to understand what I was going thru. He could have easily left me alone for a few minutes and then come back and ask me how I was doing like a real caring doctor would.

Before I knew it, I was waiting up at the front desk for an appointment for a bone scan and then out the door. There was something about a prescription and knew that I needed to pick it up. It was at the pharmacy where I found out about my treatment to either stopping or slowing down the cancer. That's all we could hope for as it's only a short term fix. I was still in a bit of a daze at the pharmacy but found out that the med that I picked up was the first step of the treatment and something about an injection was the second. Anything beyond that I have no clue.

Wednesday morning I had to go in for an injection of radiation which was to travel thru my body and in two hours it would show up in affected bones had the cancer traveled there. I was sent home after the injection and 2 hrs later returned for the bone scan. I am now waiting to hear about the results. I wonder if it'll go the same way!
posted by markku on Fri Dec 1, 2017 @ 06:53 PM     2 comments    post a comment
Digg! add to rss feed

of 249 blog entries        next


©1997-2018 SoundClick Inc. All rights reserved!

All material on this site is protected by copyright law and by international treaties. You may download this material and make a reasonable number of copies of this material only for your own personal use. You may not otherwise reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or create derivative works of this material, unless authorized by the appropriate copyright owner(s).