A powerful Jazz quintet, in its latest formation:
- Dan Richards on jazz vocals (www.danielrichards.tv)
- Paolo Traino playing great drums (www.myspace.com/paolotraino)
- Roby Perissin on double and electric bass (www.myspace.com/robyperissin)
- Gianluca Di Ienno on the piano (www.myspace.com/gianlucadiienno)
- Diego Ruvidotti with his amazing trumpet and flugehorn (www.myspace.com/diegoruvquartet).
Guest piano players included among others the greats Marco Bianchi, Paolo Brioschi, Niccolo' Cattaneo, Robert Favilla Jr, etc.
Special guests, professionals and friends often sit in at gigs as soloists. The Jazz Standards Quintet plays the classic standards, enriched by the unique, Hartman-style, baritone vocals of Mr. Dan Richards, who can also scat to the groove. The band performs regularly in Milan and all over Italy, where it is appreciated for its solid jazz sound - smooth and soft, yet catchy and robust... jazz for all seasons and occasions! The Jazz Standards Quintet can provide sensual background music to set that cocktail mood, be a more prominent feature of a society evening, or of course the main band in a theater setting. The Quintet plays clubs, bars, restaurants, events, openings, fashion shows, high society weddings and groovy parties in Italy, so bookers include PR structures and organisers of events from medical congresses to street parties! People just seem to love the basic, back-to-the-roots, swing-bepop refined atmosphere that the band creates.
Ella Fitzgerald, Tony Bennett, Billie Holiday, Chet Baker, Dexter Gordon, Sarah Vaughan, Al Jarreau in his jazz times, Jonny Hartman, Diana Krall and Nat King Cole, among others.