Glen Shaffer is a high energy singer-songwriter-musician. He was born in Grafton, West Virginia and grew up around Bridgeport and Clarksburg. Glen is a self-taught guitarist with a unique style, boundless energy and unstoppable enthusiasm.
Some of Glen's accomplishments include:
* His composition Mountain Man won first place in March 2004 at the WCLG Open Mike Contest at Winston's Bar and Grill
* His composition Mountain Man won first place in the Folk category in July 2004 by the Song of the Year contest
* His composition Comforting Shoulder won second place in July 2004 by the Song of the Month contest
* His composition Song for Jay recieved an honorable mention in April 2004 by the Song of the Year contest
* He won first place in Level Two of the Colgate Country Showdown contest with Shannon Shields
* He played lead and acoustic guitar and sang backup for Curb Records recording artist Rodney Atkins. ("Honesty" and "Someone To Share It With")
* He played lead guitar and sang backup vocals for Dreamworks recording artist Mike Walker. ("Honey Do" and "Memphis Women & Chicken")
* He appeared as an extra in the Montgomery Gentry video "Hell, Yeah"
* He played on the Food Network's "Forty Dollars a Day in Nashville" show
all the time. I play all over, about 5 to 7 nights a week. alot of the time I'm doin 1 to 4 gigs in a day.
I love it.
all of them.
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, the Black Crowes, Travis Tritt, Otis Redding,Jim Croce
Acoustic guitars-takamine limited addition,ovation
electric- FENDER tele,G&L Commanche (my baby)
Harmonicas- hohner special 20's
P.A.- E.V. speakers- MACKIE powered head
3-5 Lb. thawed roaster
8 red potatoes
1 bag baby carrots
1 white onion
1 whole garlic bulb
2 Tbs. butter 2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cumin
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice or chop potatoes with skins on. Wash and place in roaster pan. Wash carrots and place in roaster pan. Season potatoes and carrots with garlic salt, onion powder and Italian seasoning. Top with butter and set aside.
Cut onion in fourths, seperate garlic bulb into cloves, wash and set aside.
Clean out chicken and wash inside and out. Flavor inside and out with salt and pepper. Stuff chicken with garlic cloves, onion and fresh rosemary. Tie legs together.
Combine in separate bowl the brown sugar, cumin, garlic salt and onion powder. Rub this mixture over top and bottom of chicken. Place chicken in roaster pan on top of potatoes and carrots. If desired place rosemary sprigs on top of chicken for decoration. Fill roaster pan with water to half the height of potatoes and carrots. Put lid on roaster. Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until done. For nice golden color, bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes more. Remove from oven and replace lid. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Glen's Chicken Truffle Shuffle