In a career spanning two decades, Lyndon Livingstone - known in the dj world as Stonez - has gone from teenage mix tape master to being the foremost producer of remixes and electronic music in Trinidad. He holds his own as the owner/talent behind the Razorshop production house, even while maintaining his status as the country's top house music dj, sprinkling his sets with his own unique, often ground-breaking productions.
Lyndon paid his dues as a resident dj in Trinidad's top clubs throughout the 90's, but also added sound engineering to his skills set. The transition from dj to producer came in his early twenties, when he was offered an opportunity to work with Robin Foster of the Engine Room production house. Stonez quickly mastered the art of desk top music production and was soon introducing his dj peers to the joys of editing.
He started asking local artists to give him a cappella renditions of their popular tracks. A union of drum machines, synths, dj live mixing skills, editing software and sample kits led to remixes and "road mixes" (extended mixes of Carnival festival songs restructured from album and radio release versions to suit the pace and energy of the parade).
Stonez was then offered to be a production engineer at one of the country's top radio stations (96.1WEFM). When the operation expanded into a studio and record label (Link Up), he got the opportunity to showcase his mixing skills in a regular time slot during the island's annual Carnival festival and post production credits on much of the studio product.
Lyndon also branched out into sound design for fashion shows and theatre productions and started his own production house, Razorshop, in 1999. With one of the most state-of-the-art post production kits in the region, Razorshop has contributed significantly to radio and television ad campaigns for Coca Cola, Lucozade, Heineken, Papa John's Pizza and Angostura Bitter, among many others.
He has produced remixes or completed post production edits for many of Trinidad and Tobago major talents, including: David Rudder, Machel Montano, Mungal Pattessar, the late Andre Tanker, 3 Canal, Sherwin Winchester and Destra Garcia. Internationally, Stonez has worked with Wyclef Jean (Haiti), Kobo Town (Canada), TOK (Jamaican), Mr. Vegas (Jamaica) and Mimi (Japan).
FOCUSON THE DJ: www.focusonthedj.com
click on Listen Now button » choose the Independent Dance channel
* Destra Garcia - Independant Ladies Remix - Producer
* Shurwayne Winchester - Adrenalin CD - Don't stop (Club Mix) - Producer
* Kobo Town - Independence CD - Producer
* Mungal Patasar & Pantar - Calebasse Cafe - Tendonitis (Razorshop Remix) - Remixer
* Machel Montano - B.O.D.Y CD - Dance with you (Reggeton Remix); We not giving up (Remix); Scandal Road Mix
* Destra Garcia - Independantlady: Fly (Funky Harmony Remix) - Producer
* Machel Montano - The Xtatik Parade CD: It's Carnival - Remixer
* Various - Steel My Dub CD (JVC)... - Lovely Day (Morning Glory MIX) / Ken "Professor" Philmore; Steel my mind medley-Various; Destra & Ken "Professor "Philmor
* Glow-the Soundtrack - Treason - War among de stars - Remixer
* David Rudder - Zero CD - What the world needs is a damn good shake down (Remixer)